How do I pay for a citation for expired tags or a “fix-it” ticket?

A ticket issued for expired tags can be reduced to $10 by presenting your current registration. This is called a “fix-it” ticket.” Payment for the ticket can be completed online at It is also possible to pay for the ticket by mail, please mail: 1) a check for $10 (payable to the City of Del Mar); 2) a copy of your current registration; and, 3) a copy of the original citation to:


City of Del Mar

C/O Parking Citation Service Center

PO Box 11923

Santa Ana, CA 92711

If you prefer to pay in person, you can do so at the locations listed in the question above with the documents listed above.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I pay for a parking or administrative citation? Are there payment plans available?
2. How do I protest a parking citation?
3. How do I pay for a citation for expired tags or a “fix-it” ticket?
4. When is parking enforced?
5. Why is parking enforced?
6. I got a traffic ticket. Can I have a copy of the speed survey?
7. I tried the 800 number listed on the ticket but couldn’t get through. What should I do?
8. Should I send money if I am protesting this ticket?
9. I got a ticket in the Disabled Zone but I have a placard. What should I do?
10. I lost my ticket? What should I do?
11. I want to check on the status of payment of my ticket. What should I do?
12. Who can I contact about a “red light” ticket?