SANDAG has published seven potential options for pedestrian access along the blufftop railway and an online form for the public to weigh in on the draft concepts.
During a Dec. 7 workshop at the Town Hall, representatives from the regional planning agency presented the draft Coastal Connections Study, which examines a combination of trails, at-grade crossings, ramps and stairs to the beach along 1.6 miles of railway between Coast Boulevard and Torrey Pines State Beach.
Nearly 50 participants attended the workshop, asked questions and provided feedback on the draft concepts.
All of the draft concepts are preliminary.
A SANDAG webpage presents renderings for the seven draft concepts, numerous appendices and links to subscribe for project updates and to complete a comment form.
The Coastal Connections Study is open for community review through January 2023. SANDAG says it then will advance the most-promising concepts through a community-focused planning and design process.
Open the Coastal Connections Conceptual Planning Study webpage
1. North–South Trail (SANDAG)
2. At-Grade Crossing at 11th Street – Ramps and Stairs to the Beach (SANDAG)
3. At-Grade Crossing at 11th Street – Stairs to the Beach (SANDAG)
4. At-Grade Crossing at 7th–8th Street – Ramps to the Beach (SANDAG)
5. At-Grade Crossing at 7th–8th Street – Stairs to the Beach (SANDAG)
6. Undercrossing at 7th–8th Street – Ramps to the Beach (SANDAG)
7. Undercrossing at 7th–8th Street – Stairs to the Beach (SANDAG)