Low-Income Beach Parking Pass
The City of Del Mar, in collaboration with the California Coastal Commission, offers an annual beach parking pass free of charge to qualified applicants. The intent of the program is to provide more inclusive public access to the City’s public beach and coastal parks by allowing parking in the City’s metered public parking areas.
Applicants may apply for the parking pass either in person at City of Del Mar Community Services Department during business hours or via the City’s website.
To qualify, applicants must complete the application; demonstrate income and need by participation in one of the following State or Federal programs (listed below); and include documentation demonstrating current enrollment/participation.
Terms and Conditions for program qualification include:
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- Healthy Families A & B
- National School Lunch's Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Tribal TANF
- San Diego County's Rental Assistance Programs
- State of California Golden Bear Pass @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
2. Passholder Use Only: Pass shall only be used by the passholder, and the vehicle assigned to the pass. Name on the pass must match identification (ID) shown when in use and holder must be able to present ID if requested by a City of Del Mar representative.
3. Non-commercial or work-related use: Pass shall not be used for commercial purposes or in association with storing of vehicle in allowed parking locations while pass holder is engaging in work. Pass is intended to provide parking opportunities for eligible participants while accessing and recreating on public beach and adjacent coastal parks in the City of Del Mar.
4. Parking Locations: The pass may be used to park free of charge at City of Del Mar parking meters and Pay & Display Zones except on Maiden Lane, L’Auberge Del Mar Hotel meters, and the Seagrove Parking Lot.
5. Proper Display of Permit: The permit must be clearly displayed hanging from the rear-view mirror or upright on the dash so that the pass number and expiration date can be easily visible to any reasonably observant enforcement officer. The permit placard must be removed before you drive.
6. Term of Use: The permit terminates on the expiration date identified on the permit placard. Parking permits are issued for the calendar year and are valid from January 1 to December 31 and must be renewed each year to be valid. The City will not prompt pass holder of expiration and pass holder is solely responsible for re-applying for pass annually and providing all documentation necessary prior to City issuance of a new pass.
7. Illegal Parking: Vehicles displaying the City parking permit must always be parked legally in compliance with City, County, and State regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, parking within designated spaces, away from fire lanes or areas reserved for people with disabilities, and obeyance of all signs and markings.
8. Vehicle Registration: Vehicles using City parking permit shall display current registration as required by the California Vehicle Code
- Any alteration of the pass including counterfeiting, reproduction, or modification of the pass.
- Possession of use of the pass by any person other than the passholder by either sale or gift of use.
- Any attempt to pass, as true and genuine, a false, forged, or counterfeit version of the pass.
- Removal or disqualification from any of the qualifying State of California or County of San Diego programs that enable eligibility to obtain pass. Passholder shall immediately inform the City of loss of eligibility and must cease use of pass. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>