SANDAG/NCTD Rail Projects
This webpage provides information related to pending and active construction projects along the rail corridor in Del Mar.
Bluffs Stabilization Project 5 (In Design)
Del Mar Bluffs Stabilization Project 5, or DMB5, is a comprehensive bluff stabilization project between Milepost 244.1 near Coast Boulevard to Milepost 245.7 at Torrey Pines State Beach. Proposed by SANDAG along a portion of the existing NCTD right-of-way, DMB5 is described as a “maintenance of way project, to maintain the existing track and protect it from erosion and seismic events” (Alternatives Analysis Report, July 2021). Distinct components include protecting the existing trackbed from erosion, replacing and or enlarging old drainage structures, improving trackside drainage to address the effects of urbanization of the watershed surrounding the tracks, protecting the trackbed from seismic events by stabilizing the bluffs, adding bluff toe protection measures and surface stabilization.
Design of this proposed project is currently underway and further revisions are anticipated. For more information, the following public documents are available:
- Project Overview & Alternatives Analysis Report, July 2021 (PDF)
- Proposed Plans, June 2021 (Not Final and Subject to Change) (PDF)
- Geotechnical Design Report, June 2021 (30% Design) (PDF)
- Bluff Retreat Technical Memo (Draft) (PDF)
- Staging Areas & Construction Access, September 2020 (PDF)
- Coastal Impact Analysis, June 2021 (PDF)
- Sea Level Rise Technical Memo, May 2021 (PDF)
- Drainage Report, June 2020 (30% Design) (PDF)
San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) Rail Corridor Projects:
North County Transit District (NCTD) Key Projects:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (858) 755-9313.