In response to social distancing requirements and to minimize exposure to COVID-19, the Del Mar Fire Department has established a self-inspection program for fire safety at places of business. The program meets State guidelines for annual fire inspections and allows businesses to maintain continuity of inspection records for the year 2020.
Business owners are asked to complete the self-inspection checklist:
To complete the checklist
- Step 1 - Open the Self-Inspection Checklist and save it to your computer.
- Step 2 - Complete the information under the Business Information heading.
- Step 3 - Begin the inspection. Address all items on the Fire Inspection Checklist. For equipment that require maintenance, such as hood systems, fire extinguishers or sprinkler systems, include the date on the tag on the inspection form. If your business does not have this kind of equipment, leave the line blank.
- Step 4 – Check the verification statement box. Provide name and date.
- Step 4 - Correct any items that were out of compliance.
- Step 5 - Once completed, return by email to: email@example.com
Thank you for joining the fire service in protecting public safety.
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org