Conducting City Business During COVID-19
Your health is our priority
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Del Mar Civic Center is closed to the public until further notice. Members of the public can continue to call or email City Hall during normal business hours. Most City business – including paying utility bills or processing business licenses or permit applications – can be completed by phone or online.
Public Works after-hours emergency line: 858-756-1126
Pay utilities by phone or online
Because of limited staffing, the processing of electronic payments will be faster than that of paper checks.
Call: 855-385-9410 (toll free)
Planning Department and Code Enforcement services
For general questions, property information, assistance with submittals, permit applications, and emergency permit requests, contact the Planning Department. Please note that application intakes are limited at this time.
Online Planning Department resources
- Zoning information using the Public Map Viewer: https://delmar.geoviewer.io/
- City of Del Mar Zoning Code: https://library.municode.com/ca/del_mar/codes/municipal_code?nodeId=TIT30ZO
- Development Applications and Guides: http://www.delmar.ca.us/138/Development-Applications-Guides
- Latest information, including an online survey, on Del Mar’s Housing Element Update: http://www.delmar.ca.us/HousingElement
Building and safety inspections
To request a building or safety inspection, call: 858-720-4455.
Until further notice, inspection services will be provided as follows:
- Inspections involving unoccupied buildings and outdoor areas will be accommodated.
- Some types of inspections will be postponed at the discretion of the City Inspector to ensure the safety of the City Inspector and site occupants. These include inspections within occupied structures, residences, and units.
- Inspections will resume by appointment only and will be coordinated by the City Inspector.
- Only one point of contact may be provided on a job site during an inspection. Please remove all other workers from the premises.
- City Inspectors reserve the right to immediately remove themselves from a job site at their discretion. Inspections may be declined or postponed if there is a potential exposure to someone who is sick.
Building permits and plan checks
To initiate a building permit application or plan check submittal, email a request to Planning@delmar.ca.us or call 858-755-9313.
To inquire on the status of an existing plan check or building permit, call 858-720-4450.
Until further notice, the submittal of building permit applications and plan checks, as well as final issuance of building plan approvals and building permit, will be provided only in electronic format.
Code Enforcement services, questions or complaints
File a code enforcement complaint online:
Free permitting for businesses to offer carry-out goods
To assist our business community, the City of Del Mar is issuing free Temporary Use Permits to any restaurant or retail-related business that wishes to sell food, beverages or other goods to the public in a drive-through or carry-out manner.
The Temporary Use Permit will remain valid during the Local Emergency proclaimed by the City Council March 14, 2020,or until by further restrictions are imposed by the County or State.
Download a Temporary Use Permit application (PDF): https://www.delmar.ca.us/DocumentCenter/View/3829/Temporary-Use-Permit-Checklist-PDF
Fees will not be required. Email completed forms and direct questions to Adriana Jaramishian: 858-755-9313 or email@example.com