Public Works Department
The Public Works Department (PDF) maintains the City of Del Mar’s essential infrastructure. The five primary responsibilities include:
- Potable water including storage reservoirs and associated distribution network distributing water purchased through various interagency agreements
- Wastewater collection and pumping to receiving agencies which transport and treat.
- Streets with associated drainage, pedestrian paths, bike lanes, signage, traffic signals, and landscaping
- Open spaces including park landscaping, public pathways, and beach maintenance
- City facilities and facilities grounds
Public Works administers these programs in association and with the assistance of the city engineering services firm, city traffic consultant, and various citizen committees and appointees to agencies by the Del Mar City Council.
We, the experienced professional staff of the Public Works Department, take ownership of the City of Del Mar’s infrastructure, parks, and facilities with our customer’s needs in mind.