BUILDING DIVISION SERVICES DURING CITY HALL RE-OPENING
Effective July 1, 2021, Building Services will resume in-person at the City Hall public counter on a limited basis only Monday and Wednesday between 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM. Remote services will continue to be provided Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. Building Services are provided only via the electronic submittal of Building Permit Applications and Plan Checks, as well as final issuance of Building Plan Approvals and Building Permits. Paper applications, plan sets, and other information will not be accepted. To initiate a Building Permit application or Plan Check submittal, please email a request to Planning@delmar.ca.us or call (858) 755-9313 for more information. To contact the City’s Building provider directly to inquire on the status of an existing Plan Check or Building Permit issuance, please contact (858) 375-9514 or Building@delmar.ca.us Payment of fees can be completed over the phone with a credit card payment or in-person by check or credit card during general City Hall hours, Monday to Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Fridays 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
General inquiries about project status and building information can be made by phone or email at:
|Phone: (858) 375-9514|
Building Permit New Application: Building Permit Application (Fillable PDF)
Building Permit Revision Form: Revision Form (Fillable PDF)
Before proceeding with requests for building permits, your plans must be reviewed by the City of Del Mar Planning Department. Once complete, applicants will be provided a project transmittal sheet to submit with your plans for plan check. Please contact Planning@delmar.ca.us to initiate a request for Building Services.
Building Services are available Monday through Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in-person at the Del Mar City Hall and remotely. Building Services will only be available remotely on Fridays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Inspection requests (including gas or electrical emergencies), can be made by phone or email at:
|Phone: (858) 375-9528|
Inspection requests are available Monday-Friday (except City-designated holidays). Please call the Inspection line by 4:00 p.m. to schedule an inspection for the next day. If needed, appointments can also be facilitated for larger projects.
Effective March 25, 2020, the City of Del Mar has resumed Building Inspections on a limited basis during COVID-19. Please contact (858) 375-9528 to request an inspection or by email at Inspector@delmar.ca.us
Until further notice, Inspections will be provided as follows:
- Inspections involving unoccupied buildings and outdoor areas will be accommodated.
- Some types of inspections will be postponed at the discretion of the City Inspector to ensure the safety of the City Inspector and site occupants. These include inspections within occupied structures, residences, and units.
- Inspections will resume by appointment only and will be coordinated by the City Inspector.
- Only one point of contact may be provided on a job site during an inspection. Please remove all other workers from the premises.
- City Inspector reserves the right to immediately remove themselves from a job site at their discretion. Inspections may be declined/postponed if there is a potential exposure to someone that is sick.
For more information, please review the City’s Inspection Guidelines.