• Use mops, brooms or wire brushes to clean dumpsters, sidewalks, buildings, equipment, pavement and other impervious surfaces.
• Sweep up trash and debris.
Materials Storage and Handling
• Store materials indoors or under covered/contained areas not exposed to rain or wind.
• If materials cannot be stored under cover, place materials on pallets and cover with a secured tarp to avoid contact with storm water run-on and runoff.
• Dispose of unused materials properly.
Waste Disposal Management
• Keep dumpsters closed when not in use.
• Sweep around dumpsters and other areas to prevent trash from accumulating.
• Immediately clean up spills and leaks.
• Keep rags, mops and absorbents readily accessible.
• Dispose of waste properly.
• If necessary, develop a spill response plan and update as needed.
• Train employees on pollution prevention and spill response.
• Post information in employee areas.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Clean Water Program at 858-704-3652 or through email at email@example.com.