March 2020 Election
Measure G-Marisol Specific Plan Initiative
On March 3, 2020, Del Mar voters will be asked to consider Measure G, which is a local ballot measure pertaining to the proposed Marisol Specific Plan Initiative. Measure G was placed on the ballot through a citizen’s initiative process, it is not a City initiated ballot measure. The City Council has not taken a position on Measure G, and it should be noted that actions and statements made by any member of the City Council are being made on their own behalf, not on behalf of the Del Mar City Council.
On April 20, 2020, the City Council adopted Resolution 2020-17 (PDF) declaring the election results for ballot Measure G. According to the certified election results provided by the County of San Diego Registrar of Voters, Measure G failed.
Measure G Documents
- Marisol Specific Plan Initiative (PDF)
- City Attorney Ballot Title and Summary (PDF)
- Clerk Certification of Sufficiency - Staff Report (PDF)
- 9212 Report and Call for Election Marisol Specific Plan Initiative – Staff Report (PDF)
- Elections Resolutions (PDF)
- City Attorney Impartial Analysis (PDF)
- Direct Ballot Argument In Favor of Measure G (PDF)
- Direct Ballot Argument Against Measure G (PDF)
- Rebuttal to the Argument In Favor of Measure G (PDF)
- Rebuttal to the Argument Against Measure G (PDF)
- Reminder on the Do’s and Don’ts Regarding Campaign Activities and Signage (PDF)
Measure G Questions
If you have questions about the proposed Marisol Specific Plan Initiative or initiative process you can send those to email@example.com . Questions and answers will be added to the FAQ document below and periodically updated as new questions are answered. Please be aware that the City will not be able to answer questions that require interpretation of the Marisol Specific Plan.
Del Mar Polling Locations
- Del Mar Branch Library, Community Room (vote by mail drop off location) - 1309 Camino del Mar
- Private Residence - 1172 Cuchara Drive
- Private Residence - 251 Ocean View Avenue
- St. Peter’s Episcopal, Parish Hall - 334 14th Street
Voters can also look up their polling place on the County of San Diego’s Website: https://www2.sdcounty.ca.gov/rov/Eng/polling.asp
Ballot Measure Forum
On Thursday, January 23, 2019, the League of Women Voters of North County San Diego moderated a forum to discuss the Marisol Specific Plan Initiative. Representatives from each side of the issue presented their perspectives and answered questions from members of the audience. The forum was sponsored by the Del Mar Foundation.
A recording of the forum is available on Del Mar TV’s website and is linked here: Measure G forum.
Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
The City has issued a Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the Marisol Specific Plan Initiative. The DEIR and associated appendices can be viewed using the links below. The documents are being circulated for a 45-day review period. The City is soliciting comments on the environmental analysis contained within the DEIR. Pursuant to Section 15204 of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines, in reviewing draft EIRs, persons and public agencies should focus on the sufficiency of the document in identifying and analyzing the possible impacts on the environment and ways in which the significant effects of the project might be avoided or mitigated. Interested persons with comments are required to submit them in writing in order to become part of the Draft EIR record.
- Marisol Specific Plan Initiative - Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) (PDF)
- Marisol Specific Plan Initiative - Draft EIR Technical Appendices A-H (PDF)
- Marisol Specific Plan Initiative - Appendix to Traffic Impact Analysis (Draft EIR Appendix H) (PDF) (large document, allow up to five minutes to download and open)
A public meeting to provide information regarding the Draft EIR and to receive public input is scheduled for the City of Del Mar Planning Commission meeting of Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6:00 PM in the Del Mar Town Hall located at 1050 Camino del Mar, Del Mar, California 92014.
Written comments, delivered or sent via email or U.S. Postal service, must be submitted to the address shown below by 5:30 pm on Monday, February 3, 2020.
Written comments shall be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered/mailed to:
City of Del Mar
Attn: Matt Bator, Principal Planner
1050 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014
RE: Marisol Specific Plan Initiative Draft EIR
Economic Impact and Fiscal Analysis Study
This independent study was prepared for the City of Del Mar by the economics consultant team of Keyser Marston Associates Inc. and Maurice Robinson & Associates LLC. The report is based upon the concept of a visitor-serving development with an affordable housing component as allowed for in the proposed Marisol Specific Plan.
After release of the Economic Impact and Fiscal Analysis Study in December of 2019, Staff received questions from the public which were forwarded on to the consultant team for review. Comments and clarifications addressing those questions have been provided in the form of an addendum which can be reviewed at the link below.