Greening Your Home & Business
Learn how you can make your home and business more energy efficient.
Buildings - Residential
When we turn on the heat or air conditioning, turn on the lights, cook our own meals, watch TV, or use our computers, we are using energy in our homes.
There are numerous ways that we can reduce the use of the supply of energy to our home:
Solar is one option for alternative energy to reduce the carbon footprint of your home that has become increasingly more popular and affordable.
Take advantage of the following SDG&E links that provide rebates and tips to improve the energy efficiency of your home through retrofits of windows, water heaters, and more:
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Product Marketplace and Rebates
- Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade Assistance Program
- Reduce Your Use Thermostat Program
Click on the resources below to find out ways you can incorporate energy reduction measures if you plan to build or redevelop in Del Mar:
- CalRecycle Construction and Demolition Debris Recycling Best Practices
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building project types, from new construction to interior fit-out and operations and maintenance, LEED provides a framework that project teams can apply to create healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings.
Buildings - Commercial
Stores, businesses, and restaurants use energy to meet the needs of their customers. Alarm systems, lighting, cooking, heating and air conditioning, to name a few, all require energy.
Electricity and natural gas consumption in commercial buildings accounts for about 15% of greenhouse gas emissions in the City of Del Mar.
Look here for ways to meet the needs of your customers while using sustainable and cost-saving measures:
- How Businesses Can Reduce Their Use-Coming Soon!
Check the links below for green construction regulations and the cost-savings benefits of using sustainable measures: