Learn what you can do to reduce water waste in your home and business.
Check out Del Mar’s Clean Water Program and water conservation efforts.
Conserving water and reducing water waste is important for our dry climate and frequent droughts. It takes energy to transport water to our homes, and energy to take waste away.
Water and wastewater account for 2.5% of total GHG emissions in the City of Del Mar. To reduce emissions from these sectors, the Climate Action Plan (CAP) includes several measures to reduce indoor and outdoor water consumption and capture emissions from wastewater treatment.
There are numerous ways that we can improve water quality and reduce water consumption in our homes and businesses. To learn more, review the following:
- City of Del Mar Clean Water Program
- Clean Water Program FAQs
- Water Conservation
- PACE for Water Efficiency Savings Programs
The San Diego County Water Authority provides incentives, rebates and tips for reducing your water use for your home and business:
- Free irrigation system evaluations
- Programs and incentives, tools and resources for water conservation
- Rebates for high-efficiency appliances, irrigation equipment and turf removal