2017 Residential Paving Project
The repair and reconstruction of roadways through the City of Del Mar is scheduled from November 2017 through January 2018. The work consists of asphalt surface repairs on residential streets and alleys throughout the city. The City has contracted with PAL General Engineering, Inc. for the work. Dudek Engineering will provide Construction Management oversight. Letters are being distributed to affected residents.
The Construction Management Team will distribute door hangers and update the website 48 hours prior to road closures. During closures, residential access will typically be prohibited between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM.
The City requests cooperation in the following matters:
- Please comply with posted parking restrictions. Vehicles parked in a posted “No Parking” area may be towed and will prolong the construction process.
- Be aware that there will be limited access to the streets being worked on, and traffic detours will be present to accommodate resident needs.
- Tools, materials, and equipment are attractive to children. For the safety of the children, please keep them away from the construction area.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding during this process. Please contact Del Mar Public Works at 858-755-3294 with any questions.
Friday 12/22/2017 PAL will perform the work laid out for 7th St at Stratford Ct. (Exhibit 1)
On Thursday (12/28/2017) and Friday (12/29/2017) PAL will perform paving work at 9th St between Stratford Ct and Camino del Mar and 9th St from Camino del Mar to Highland/Hoska. (Exhibit 3)
Traffic Control Plans for Project Areas
Detailed Traffic Control Plans of each work area are forthcoming.
Roads to be Paved:
- 15th St Stratford to Ocean Ave
- Rimini Rd midpoint to Cuchara Dr
- Amphitheater Drive Crest Rd to Klish Way
- Stratford Court Little Orphan Alley to 8th & from Sherry Lane 7th St
- 7th St Stratford to the west end
- La Amatista Nob Ave to CDM
- Stratford Ct 4th to 5th St
- Torrey Pines Terrace Ocean View Ave to the east end
- 26th St CDM to the east end
- Alley between 24th St and 25th St
- 9th St Highland Ave to the west end
- 11th St CDM to Luneta Dr
- Coast Blvd CDM to 20th St