Ad-Hoc Development Review Process Citizens’ Advisory Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Development of Design Guidelines
Reports to City Council
- Ad Hoc Committee Report to City Council 2-16-2016 (PDF)
- Ad Hoc Committee PowerPoint Presented to City Council 02-16-2016 (PDF)
- Ad Hoc Committee Report to Council 6-6-2016 (PDF)
- Ad Hoc Committee Report to Council 7-18-2016
- Ad Hoc Committee Report to Council 10-3-2016 (PDF)
- Staff Report Regarding CPP Revisions (PDF)
- Design Guidelines Liaison Update to City Council 4-6-17 (PDF)
Other Important Information
- Committee Work Plan (PDF)
- Design Review Issues Outline (As of 12-1-15) (PDF)
- Design Review Issues Outline (As of 1-5-16) (PDF)
- Compilation of Correspondence Received Listed in Chronological Order of Receipt (PDF) (This document will be updated as additional correspondence is received.)
- Ad Hoc Subcommittee Roster (PDF)
- Ad Hoc Subcommittee Assignments (PDF)
- Comparative Jurisdictions Table (PDF)
- Resident Handbook: Understanding the Design Review Process (PDF)
- Good Neighbor Guide to Design Review in Del Mar (PDF)
The Ad Hoc Development Review Process Citizen Advisory Committee was established in 2015 (Resolution 2015-24), to review the strengths and weaknesses of the City's regulations and processes relating to the review of proposed residential development projects, including drafting design guidelines. The Committee's notable work products include recommendations to improve the City's Community Participation processes, production of community handouts to improve resident understanding of the development review processes, and significant involvement in the creation of Citywide Design Guidelines.
On November 6, 2017, the City Council voted to adopt the Design Guidelines and on June 18, 2018, the Committee gave their final update to the City Council. To date, the Committee has fulfilled their purpose. On September 4, 2018, the City Council adopted Resolution 2018-55 (PDF) dissolving the Committee.