Forms, Documents, Regulations & BMPs
There are multiple laws on federal, state and local levels that regulate storm water pollution and discharges from storm drain systems. The overarching goal of these laws is to improve water quality in surface waters such as creeks, lagoons and the Pacific Ocean.
On a Federal level, the Clean Water Act is the basis for water quality laws today. Requirements within the Act require all states and cities to implement storm water programs to reduce the impact of urban runoff and storm water pollution in local water-bodies.
The state of California responds to the Federal Agency with its primary law, the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act. This law grants authority to implement storm water regulations and allows our California Environmental Protection Agency to create the State Water Resources Control Board and the nine Regional Water Quality Control Boards.
Locally, the San Diego Regional Quality Control Board (Region 9) issues regulations concerning storm water discharges, affecting all industrial and commercial businesses, construction sites, residents and municipal agencies. The San Diego Municipal Water Permit, which was issued in 2013, has become the basis for the City of Del Mar's local ordinances.
Clean Water Forms & Regulations
- Clean Water Permit (PDF) - Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) - San Diego Region - Order Number R9-2013-0001(NPDES Number CAS0109266) (PDF)
- Clean Water Permit Fact Sheet (PDF) - Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) - San Diego Region - Order Number R9-2013-0001(NPDES Number CAS0109266) (PDF)
- Del March Municipal Code, Chapter 11.30 - Stormwater Management and Discharge Control (PDF)
- Citizen Complaint Form
- Water Quality Sensitive Areas Map (PDF)
- 2015 Jurisdictional Runoff Management Plan (JRMP) (PDF)
- 2015 Jurisdictional Runoff Management Plan (JRMP) Appendices (PDF)
- Jurisdictional Runoff Management Plan (JRMP) Annual Reports
- Los Peñasquitos WQIP
- San Dieguito WQIP
- City of Del March BMP Design Manual (PDF)
- City of Del March BMP Design Manual Appendices and Storm Water Management Plan Forms (PDF)